smiffy
2011-02-03T19:48:47Z
I see that there are a set of moulds available to members, to make a GRP back cabin on the Seal 22.

I have tried emailing Greg Faux who it is said was looking after them, but his email just bounced right back. Can anybody help with this?

Cheers, Ray.

Live like there'll be no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
And keep growing older - not up!
Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384
(the last one built by John Baker)

Mike Edwards
2011-02-03T20:03:29Z
yes Greg is a colleague of mine I will let him know to check the forum tomorrow.

Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
smiffy
2011-02-03T20:18:24Z
Many thanks Mike[:)]

Ray.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Edwards

yes Greg is a colleague of mine I will let him know to check the forum tomorrow.

Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"

Live like there'll be no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
And keep growing older - not up!

gregfaux
2011-02-04T19:23:46Z
Hi Smiffy
Fifrstly, apologies you got a bounceback from my email, I don' know why because fmy mailboxes are not overflowing and I am geting email daily with no problems. I have checked my proffile and the correct email is registered there gregfauxAThotmail.com (use the usual instead of AT. Anyhow, The moulds are as fafr as I am aware having a set of mouldings struck over this autumn. They last transferred from one south coast based member to another and i'll bounce a couple of emailss around this weekend to se when they will be available for another user. I'll post/get back to you when I hear what stage off use the moulds are at..
Regards... Greg

Greg...
Seal 22 - Moonspinner
Greg...
Seal 22 - Moonspinner
smiffy
2011-02-05T05:27:17Z
Wotcha Greg![:)]

Don't know why it bounced but bounce it did, but no matter, it might have been me with a touch of digit malfunction, I will have a squint in me sent folder later. I am not in any particular rush, next Autumn would be soon enough really, I got loads to be getting on with betwixt times. Just out of interest, will the bits they produce fit a MK3? Also, who's is that Seal in the photos on the website showing the bits fitted, a sort of toffee brown and white colour? They have done one sweet job on her![8D]

I will drop you another email later today, and see if I can get it right this time!

Cheers for now, Ray

quote:
Originally posted by gregfaux

Hi Smiffy
Fifrstly, apologies you got a bounceback from my email, I don' know why because fmy mailboxes are not overflowing and I am geting email daily with no problems. I have checked my proffile and the correct email is registered there gregfauxAThotmail.com (use the usual instead of AT. Anyhow, The moulds are as fafr as I am aware having a set of mouldings struck over this autumn. They last transferred from one south coast based member to another and i'll bounce a couple of emailss around this weekend to se when they will be available for another user. I'll post/get back to you when I hear what stage off use the moulds are at..
Regards... Greg

Greg...
Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Seal 22 MK3 "Melissa" Number 384

Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2011-02-06T12:30:55Z
Hi,I have the moulds That will help you all a lot of searching.[:)]

Sorry But I have not been in hear for quite a while. I will email Greg later Today as I have not heard from Greg since before Christmas.

The boat in the picture is Greg's I have fitted them to Sealia Mk 2 If you let me have your email address we can sort out how and when you can have them. I paid for a person to make the moulds from them for me and would not recommend them. If your based in the Hampshire area you can see my boat and the problem I had with the moulds before starting.

My Email is hrh15j@hotmail.com and I'm intending to go to the pre launch meal in march.

Ray (Sealia)
smiffy
2011-02-07T02:33:53Z
Hi Ray,

Thanks for getting back to us, I have a Seal MK3, will the bits fit her? To be honest, I am of two minds on this one. I quite like the varnished wood cover boards, and hatch, and I aint no stranger to the varnish brush, so seeing as she is the last one built by John Baker, I sort of wonder whether it might be better to keep her as original as possible?? On the other hand, the GRP bits do add a little more space, though not premium space, and do look very tidy.

Oh bu**er!! I aint good at decisions![:)] Some thoughts from my fellow Sealites would be much appreciated. I live in Bideford N. Devon by the way. My email address is......

smiffy at onetel dot com

Change to the usual, though I probably don't need to bother with the anti spam?

Cheers, Ray Smith (smiffy)

Seal 22 MK3 "Melissa" Number 384

Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2011-02-11T09:54:22Z
Copy of Email I have snt direct to both Ray and Greg 11 February 2011

If it would help you. If you give me the address of your friend or relation living in the Gosport/Fareham area. I am quite willing to drop these over to them. I am coping Greg on this email so if he has a problem he can shout .

I should Say.
As far as I’m concerned the Moulds do belong to him as they were supplied to him when he bought his Boat.(Thats the very nice one in the picture you have seen).

I will wait to hear from both of you before passing these over.

Ray (Sealia)