Gary
  • Gary
  • Member Topic Starter
2011-02-10T21:33:07Z
A Tap plug made out of an old rubber trailer roller, I read on the forum some folk have problems with the water syphoning out of the water containers when heeled over.[:)]

UserPostedImage

Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

ChrisC
2011-02-20T18:28:52Z
Gary,

Tarakihi has a "garden hose" type Y connector in the water supply from our single "Barrel" water tank. The connector has in-line valves in each of the branches. If we remember to keep the valves closed whilst sailing hard no water is ejected from the taps in the heads compartment or galley. If we don't it gets rather wet!! Our "tank" is also vented using a domestic push-fit valve on a flexible 15mm flexible braided tap connector hose. This small air bleed might also help to stop syphoning but is probably to stop "flow-back" when the tank is filled from the deck-mounted filler fitting. I don't know if these arrangement were fitted by Parker's as we are the second owners but they seem to work well.

Chris Cobb

235/48 "Tarakihi"

Gary
  • Gary
  • Member Topic Starter
2011-02-20T22:06:18Z
Hi Chris, good idea the in-line valves however my tap bungs will do for now until I come across some, thanks.

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

PaulBurton
2011-03-11T21:46:58Z
I think the water system on a 235 was an after thought. A hose stuffed into a water carrier that is mounted higher than the tap. A recipe for disaster (or a wet floor).

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362