Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2011-02-26T14:35:15Z
Has any one tried to connect the tiller to the outboard to get better stering under power. Mainly for mooring or slow speed.

Ray
smiffy
2011-02-27T10:08:02Z
Hi Ray,

I can't see what the advantage would be really, I mean the rudder is right in line with the prop wash, so should have plenty of steerage?

Cheers, Ray.

Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" ;;Number 384
(the last one built by John Baker)

Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384

Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2011-02-27T21:52:53Z
Sorry I should have said mine's a mk 2

Engine sited on bracket on the port side. when I reduce speed in windy weather and shallow water she will sometimes loose steerage.

Had choice last year of acelrating towards Dolphine or slowing and hitting boat on trailer next to it while moving to waite for boat lifter in cross wind and tide.

Another alternatve may be loosen engine and stear with it.but it hangs below stern of boat. or may be I put an engine well in it but that seems a lot of work.

Ray Sealia Mk 2 [:)]
smiffy
2011-02-28T15:03:17Z
Hi Ray,

I don't know why, but I just assumed Sealia was a MK3........Doh! What about one of those tiller extensions you can get for outboards, you could also rig a gear lever extension if you was a minds to?

Naaaaaaa! on second thoughts, just chop a gert big hole in her bottom and give an engine well, you could always put a sign over it saying wishing well, and hope folks will chuck money in it![:D]

I'll get me coat!

R.

Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" ;;Number 384

Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384