stargazy
2011-05-31T23:25:12Z
Hi,

We are debating fitting a stacking sail system to our SS26 to make it easier/quicker to put the main sail away (we sail with our 3 small children). Does any one have any experience of using these, and if so, any preferences?

Thanks,

Jan

Stargazy, SS26 14

philip linsell
2011-06-01T21:55:34Z
Hi

I've had boats with nothing, to which I fitted lazyjacks, which i thought worked very well.

When I bought 'rascal', my 26 it came with a packaway fitted. I would not be without it, it makes sail lowering so much easier.

Gary
2011-06-02T10:19:53Z
We have lazy jacks without the stackpac they were already fitted to the boat when we aquired her. Having managed without albeit on a smaller boat for many years, we find it makes both getting the main up and down so much easier and it does help having all the lines led aft to the cockpit. We considered fitting the stackpac however as this is our first season we decided to see how we got on without and so far we are of the opinion that we don't need one. Perhaps you could trial the lazy jacks and then opt for the stackpac if you decided it would be useful to you.

Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel

Crew of Juicy Blue P235

peter lowry
2011-06-04T08:56:29Z
Hi Jan

I fitted a stackpack on Cleo last year.

It is a great bit of kit-- I waited until the Southampton boat show and shopped around for the best price. Arun Sailmakers were the best price i could find -- about £300( i think )i placed an order and paid a deposit -- there sent me a list of all the measurements

It fitted perfectly first time and now i wonder how i ever lived lived without it

Cheers

Peter lowry

Cleo

ss26 #21

Ken Surplice
2011-06-06T08:40:23Z
Hello Jan. We started with Lazy Jacks on our P21 then moved to a stack-pack on our P275. Both work well. For convenience, you cannot beat the stack-pack. Drop, zip, done. Even our daughter volunteers to do it once in a while. Now we are much more likely to get the main up in very light winds. Ours came from Kemp and we are very pleased with it.

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

Ken
stargazy
2011-06-06T23:04:14Z
Thanks, all. This is really helpful.

Jan

Robby
2012-05-31T13:10:51Z
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Surplice

Hello Jan. We started with Lazy Jacks on our P21 then moved to a stack-pack on our P275. Both work well. For convenience, you cannot beat the stack-pack. Drop, zip, done. Even our daughter volunteers to do it once in a while. Now we are much more likely to get the main up in very light winds. Ours came from Kemp and we are very pleased with it.

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

I also have a Kemp Stack Pack and lazy jacks, which came with the boat. I have never had one on any other boat and I am very impressed with it.

Only problem. How does one fit a boom tent? All sugestions welcome

Robby

The More I learn The More I Realise How Little I know!

The More I learn The More I Realise How Little I know!