stargazy
2011-08-15T21:52:07Z
The 2 silver poles in the cabin, running floor to ceiling.. are they structural, or just for hand holds?

I ask as I'd like to remove the one on the startboard side.

Thanks

Daniel
Chris Turner
2011-08-16T07:28:48Z
There is no pole on the starboard side on any super seal I have seen. Unless there is a major structural difference between my Parker built boat and the Baker one, which I doubt, I'm sure you could remove it. Unless someone knows differently?
Chris. Elsa SS 103.
stargazy
2011-08-16T09:29:48Z
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Turner

There is no pole on the starboard side on any super seal I have seen. Unless there is a major structural difference between my Parker built boat and the Baker one, which I doubt, I'm sure you could remove it. Unless someone knows differently?
Chris. Elsa SS 103.

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I have a pole on the starboard side, it has a cut out in it, to accept a pin from the front corner of the sliding chart table I have. (The chart table slides under the quarter berth). However I plan on changing the chart table arrangement, as its a bit of a pain to use.

Daniel
philip linsell
2011-08-16T22:28:44Z
Hi
I don't have a starboard pole, or chart table on rascal. I can see it would be a problem. The one to port is useful, being by the cooker.
Philip
David Tilley
2011-09-06T18:19:48Z
My Superseal is baker-built and has only one pole adj.to the cooker. No evidence of any mounting points on Starboard side either floor or roof and as I am deeply embroiled in a major refit - I would have found them if they were there!

David Tilley
David Tilley
stargazy
2011-09-08T09:15:26Z
Thanks all for the replies..

Mine is a very early baker boat, Sail No 14..

I have alot of paperwork that came with the boat - There is some wonderful correspondence to the original purchaser of the boat, with Baker stating that the purchaser couldn't have any alterations to the standard boat due to the production schedule!

So the pole on the Starboard side seems to be there just to support the chart table.

David - What are you doing in your refit? - I'm planning on a major refit in the galley over the winter.