colindcoady
2012-05-01T13:45:00Z
Hello all,

Can anyone provide a picture of how a outboard well on a super seal 26 is done ? It would be a massive help. I am looking at adding a well to my own seal.

Many many thanks Colin

Chris Turner
2012-05-01T15:40:38Z
Hi Colin, I have SS no 103 and can show you how Bill Parker did it. I will be onboard tomorrow and take some photos. Maybe you will get a response from another before then.

Chris. Elsa SS 103

colindcoady
2012-05-01T15:56:06Z
Hello Chris,

That would be great. Thank you very much. If you can take a pic of the lines the lower and raise the the keel that would be great.

Regards Colin Coady.

Chris Turner
2012-05-02T19:38:30Z
Colin, I took a few photos of the well and the 'plug' that fits in the bottom. Ignore the grp and stainless tube at the rear (my later mod for another purpose).

An old standard shaft 7.5 hp merc was originally supplied when I bought Elsa in 1982. This, when lifted, would sit with the o/b skeg in the groove and would hold the plug in place so the hole was faired off for racing. Only a small engine would fit in the hole when down. Modern 4 strokes of 8hp and above won't fit.

I have re-engined with an inboard diesel some years ago but retained the outboard well so I can access the prop from inside the boat .. hence the sightly modified 'plug'.

I had to hurry with the photos but you should be able to access them via this link

https://skydrive.live.co...7&resid=99995E4059FA9E17 !2734&parid=99995E4059FA9E17!238&authkey=!AO2uYDoZ62uXB5k

(you will have to copy and paste into your browser)

If that doesn't work I will email them to you. I'm not sure how they can be posted here directly.

There is a load of stuff about keels and outboards if you search old records in the forum and as Geoff Harwood has said there is much in the 26 technical handbook.

Chris.

Chris Turner
2012-05-02T19:42:46Z
Sorry Colin, I can't send photos of of the original lifting system as I now have a highly modified one.

Also the link in the previous mail to the photos should work by just clicking on it.(no need to copy and paste).

Chris.

colindcoady
2012-05-02T20:45:08Z
Chris,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to upload the pics.

That well looks like an original job, very nice. That gives me a great idea of where to start if I choose to put in a well.

You have the boat a long time ( it must be love).

Your boat has a diffrent layout aft than my own boat. You have two lockers right aft. My own just has a seat.

Many thanks for your time.

Colin Coady.