Ozzie54321
2012-09-01T09:58:22Z
My Other Half and I have crewed on many occasions over the last 20 years, we have a bag full of RYA qualifications, upto Day Skipper Tidal. We now find ourselves in a position where we want to buy our first boat. To begin with we want to sail in the Lake District and are therefore mostly restricted to trailer sailing or some form of reduced keel. Would the 235 be a good "starter boat". Something that combines confort with a safe, stable platform for builing our experience? We would love to hear your thoughts? Thanks.
John Edwards
2012-09-02T16:22:00Z
Welcome,

I have had my 235 for two seasons now and I am really pleased with it. I tend to sail most of the time on my own – when the weather forecast and tide are good, I am out. I have also sailed with different friends who enjoy the ‘ride’ and let me get on with it.

I have owned and sailed a number of boats, and without doubt would recommend a 235 to anybody who was looking for a safe boat that is easy to sail, but at the same time is responsive and lively. I can’t really answer the trailer part of the question as I tend to leave mine in the water for the season so that it is ready to go.

I don’t think you would be disappointed – I am certainly not

Best wishes

John
235/07 Diamond
John
235/07 Diamond