masharry
2013-02-09T09:02:44Z
I inherited a huge number of charts from my father most of which are at least 2o odd years old. They cover the Med, baltic and a lot of the Uk. We used some for our Med trip and will use a few on the West coast but I'm looking for ideas as to what to do with the rest.

Any ideas?

Mairi

masharry
masharry
Graham Ellison
2013-02-09T11:25:45Z
I suppose it depends on how arty/crafty you are! There's an outfit called "Latitude Kinsale" (www.latitudekinsale.com ) which turns charts into the most amazing semi-3D creations by cutting around the edges of the land and the depth contours and mounting the bits on different thicknesses of foam board. The result is absolutely fantastic but the prices are utterly horrifying... You could have a go at that? Or perhaps wallpaper a room with it? Use it as wrapping paper? Sell them on eBay?

Just a few thoughts!
Kitepaul
2013-05-16T14:25:33Z
New venture for me. Looking for a few commissions to get the ball rolling so they will never be any cheaper than now.

Handcrafted 3D nautical art, using any maritime chart a favourite cove, your mooring, a memorable trip or where ever you like.

http://fiftyminusfive.co.uk/