Stephen Godber
2007-04-02T15:01:40Z
I have just launched my new 235, and am checking it all out.

I had a NASA BM1 Battery Monitor installed which is working fine, but I don't know if it should show "CHARGE" when the engine is running?

When I uncover the solar panel it immediately reads "CHARGE" and when I put lights etc on it reads "DISCHARGE", but it does not show it with engine running.

Does anyone have one and know if the unit is supposed to show "CHARGE" under engine power? I'm not sure whether the engine is failing to charge or whether I'm looking for a display that doesn't exist!

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
Graeme
2007-04-02T20:48:22Z
Congratulations on the launch of Exodus. On Gentoo my BM-1 does show a charge when the engine is running. It's probably worth checking out your connections. When I took ownership of Gentoo, the previous owner, Graham Keating, warned me that if you short the charging circuit it's easy to blow a fuse. It would be worthwhile reading Graham's article in the PSSA newsletter about fitting the BM-1. It was published two or so issues ago.

All the very best

Graeme Parker
Gentoo P235 no 22
Stephen Godber
2007-04-03T17:10:50Z
Thanks Graeme - I've been fiddling today and think it is sorted.

I wasn't getting a charge at tickover but with a few revs on it reads CHARGE. It is hard to test as the solar panel is also providing charge in this glorious weather but I am 99% sure it is working now.

I'll read other Graham's article again too - thanks!

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"