Geoff Harwood
2013-04-18T14:36:31Z
Lindsey Moscrop (Parker 21 Amy) can't get into this forum so he sent me the following:

"A few years ago I was supplied with a complete axle, hubs and brakes by Blue Line trailers who were the original suppliers of the P21 trailers.. They were most helpful and the cost was not high - approx. £250 plus VAT in 2009, The only problem would be any extra carriage costs. I was able to collect from the factory near Boston as it is only an hour away.
The axle is a standard part for 1500KG from Knott-Avonride The Knott Avonride data sheet gives detailed dimensions.
The refitting was very straightforward and the extra hub bearing seals which I specified appear to have kept the water out of the bearings for several years too. I seem to remember that the axle was complete with a set of brake cables and compensator plate too.
This will be the first year that I am going to have to touch the hubs as I have to do something about one brake adjuster. "

Blue Line Trailers ( blueline-trailers.co.uk ) and Knott-Avonride ( knott-trailer.co.uk ) both have informative websites.

Another chip of info for the Tech Library!

Geoff
Dave Jeeves
2013-04-20T10:22:49Z
Hi Denis

I can update you with some more details.

In early 2012 an Avonride Axle CT2 cost £250 plus VAT.

The complete package of Axle, Hubs, Brakes, Bearings and Cables came to £380 plus VAT.

Carriage was an extra £45 plus VAT

All from Blue Line: sales@blueline-trailers.co.uk 01205 460346

All the best

Dave
Sparky 93