Phill
  • Phill
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2013-09-29T17:17:55Z
The time has come to replace Flamingo's sails, starting with the genoa. Does any one have any recommendations on suppliers that they would like to share?
Tim Reeder
2013-09-30T18:06:21Z
Hi Phill,

We invested in new Kemp sails four years ago.

They have been very effective and certainly improved our sailing performance.

So I would recommend them but have no direct experience of other makes.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Commodore

ARRussell
2013-09-30T18:50:23Z
Hello Phill,

There's a previous thread on Kemp Sails here: http://parkerseal.org.uk.../topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1399 

Anthony Russell

235/02 Sea Wyche

Anthony Russell

235/02 Sea Wyche

JohnG
2013-10-09T00:17:59Z
Hi Phill,

As other have said Kemps have a good reputation, and there are certainly plenty of boats in Poole harbour with Kemps sails. Last year I wanted a suit of laminate racing sails for my SS26 Evangeline, and having spoken with a number of local lofts in the end I went with Pete Sanders in Lymington. The service was first class, with time taken to find out exactly what my requirements were, with helpful suggestions and guidance on the best options. Prior to making the sails the loft made very detailed measurements of the boat and rig and the result was that the sails fitted perfectly. I now have more speed, less heeling, so can hold full rig in stronger winds. The sails were delivered on time and overall I was really pleased with with the service I received. I'd have no hesitation in suggesting you give Pete Sanders a call.

John Guess

SS26 Evangeline

John Guess

SS26 Evangeline