claeyssens
2013-12-02T15:57:27Z
Hello,

Is there somedy who has the use of a Kiwiprop propeller ( carbone feathering propellor) on a Parker boat? This propeller is lighter and cheaper than the Maxprop propeller ( which is wellknown and works well on Parker 325/335).

Just in front of the propeller, there is a stainless stell piece on the hull. My mine is only a vertical one. I saw on photos that this one could have a horizontal part at the bottom end of this piece. Is it better to beach on the mud or on the sand with this horizontal part?

Thank for the answer.

Pascal Claeyssens

roger roach
2013-12-06T12:30:49Z
I have had a kiwi prop on Rakaia for at least 5 years I cannot recall any horizontal piece as you describe. I should not worry about taking the ground as the prop will sit clear of the bottom.

Hope this helps

Roger

Roger
claeyssens
2013-12-09T13:34:25Z
Dear Roger,

You can see a photo on "Yachtnet"(Archive Parker 325) about the propeller and the métal piece. I can't send this one by this message. I need to have your email to send this photo. On my boat "Maruli"there is only the vertical piece( perhaps a little more longer)under the hull but not the horizontal one. How is on your boat? Is it important when you are berthedon the mud or the sand?

I have another problem. I must change the orange rubber hose for the stove. I cannot find this diameter ( 8 mm)in France. So, if I don't want to change all the sytem, I need to buy this one in England.Do you know where I could buy this one in England?

Thank for your help and your kindness.

Best regards

Pascal "Maruli" P325/27

roger roach
2013-12-11T19:04:51Z
Pascal,

Send the email to roachroger@yahoo.co.uk.

Rakaia is still in the water until April so I cannot check on the metal piece. As for the cooker hose I'll get back to you as soon as I get down to check her( it will be after Christmas!!)

Regards

Roger

Roger
roger roach
2013-12-24T11:41:23Z
Pascal,

Have looked at the photo on yacht net Rakaia does not have the horizontal piece shown in the photo.

I do not think that it could make any contribution to safe grounding.

Regards

Roger

Roger