Graham Ellison
2015-04-22T17:46:37Z
Hello fellow Parkers and Seals

For various reasons, Jeremy Parsons has been looking to step down as soon as possible from the role of Newsletter Editor. Having been made aware of this at the Launching Lunch at Gosport a few weeks ago, I have volunteered to take on the job. I will of course be putting myself up for election to the post at the 2016 AGM, but in the meantime I ask for your understanding at this mid-term changeover. I would also like to offer my very sincere thanks to Jeremy for the tremendous job he has done in producing such outstanding publications during his tenure as Editor; I for one have always looked forward to receiving them and to reading what other members have been up to, and the interesting content and professional appearance of the newsletters has done him great credit. He has also given me an excellent handover briefing (and, importantly, a memory stick with lots of very useful documents and files on it!), which will make stepping into his shoes a lot easier, and he has my heartfelt thanks for that.

The putting-together of Summer's edition of the PSSA Newsletter is a work in progress. Well actually it's little more than a gleam in my eye for the moment, but that's what I wanted to ask your help with...

In the gorgeous spell of weather which many of us in the UK have been having recently, lots of intrepid Parkers and Seals will no doubt have been getting out and enjoying some early-season sailing. Whether you've been day-sailing, coastal voyaging, going foreign or going round the next headland, whether you've been trying beaching your boat for the first time, experimenting with a new anchor or a new cooker or taking your dog sailing for the first time, whatever you've been doing, I want to hear about it!

Please, please, when you're back home and reminiscing about a great day out on the water, or a rewarding trip to a new (or familiar) destination or whatever it is, at some stage when you've got a moment, sit down with a cup or glass of something nice, turn on the computer and get typing... Don't worry if you don't think you're a natural writer - very few of us are. Photos are also very welcome, and if you have an article and photos, that's even better!

Please send your contributions to me at graham.ellison@btinternet.com, and - who knows - your adventures may be in print in the next issue…

Thanks and have a great sailing season.

Graham Ellison
Tim Reeder
2015-04-24T17:27:34Z
Welcome Graham

Many thanks for stepping up as our brand new Newsletter Editor and many thanks to Jeremy who has produced some brilliant editions.

Come on all Parker and Seal members lets ensure Graham has plenty of material to put in our summer edition.

I am looking forward to the first May Bank holiday where we will be celebrating our Ruby wedding on the beach at Bembridge complete with bow ties for the men and hats for the ladies - its looking like being a bit chilly at present, but I'm sure we will have a good turn out. No doubt it will be a good write up opportunity!

Good sailing all.

Tim