Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-06-01T15:08:47Z
Hi All
We are about to get Blue Moon ashore to replace the keel Ram Anode , well overdue I suspect .
According to the instruction on this website it is a circular anode for a 35mm shaft. Does anyone know of any more limitations on the size of this anode ?

Jan

325/32
Blue Moon
claeyssens
2015-06-02T11:41:19Z
Hi Jan,
I have changed the ram anode last year. I had to file the anode to find the place to put the bottom ram bolt. This year i have a look on this anode with a long stick with a mirror and a little light at the end when the boat is keel down under the crane. I could send a photo of this instrument. Now when my boat is at the mooring in the River Trieux,I put the keel up with a removable anode which is taken by a clip on the top of the keel above the roof. The anode is at the stern in the water with a long iron wire rope. I have seen some electrolisis spot on the keel. So I hope the removable anode could protect more the keel than the only ram anode. Do you another owners making the same system?
Best regards
Pascal
325/27 Maruli
Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-06-02T15:52:52Z
Hello Pascal
Many thanks for the reply, I would like to see the instrument you have used to view the anode. I have tried with a fibre optic view but without success as there was always too much light on the laptop which we used for a screen.

Jan
325/32
Blue Moon
MartinH
2015-06-09T07:28:01Z
Hi Jan

The anodes I use are Zineti Z-2694. 35mm bore, 65mm OD, 25mm thick.
I think these are what Parkers used.
http://www.zinetianodes.co.uk/ 

Martin
P555/50