Mark Weeks
2016-12-16T09:32:33Z
Can anyone help?
I have just found that the car around the plunger on one of my genoa cars has rotted such that the plunger can be fully withdrawn.
Does anyone know what make the track and cars are and if they are still available? I suspect the answer to the latter will be negative but knowing the manufacturer will give me a start towards making a decision on what to repair/replace it with.
I've attached a couple of photos in documents   Genoa Car Pics4.doc (1,888kb) downloaded 86 time(s).  Genoa Car Pics3.doc (937kb) downloaded 77 time(s). for reference. Note that the plunger holes are approximately 80mm (3 1/4inches) apart.
DickG
2016-12-16T21:46:15Z
Check Barton first, they were used on most of the boats. Barton still do similar products, if you download their catalogue you will be able to use your dimensions to identify whether there is a current product that will do. The cars may have changed, but the track geometry is probably still much the same, so current cars might still fit on older track.

Looks quite like 25mm "T" track, p38.
http://www.bartonmarine....iders-for-25mm-track.asp 

Good luck!
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Mark Weeks
2016-12-17T09:04:52Z
DickG,
Thanks, but Barton was my first place port of call as all my other gear is Barton and they do not think it is one of their tracks, hence the call for help.
I have taken the broken car off and there are no markings on it.
DickG
2016-12-17T14:30:29Z
Might be worth checking the dimensions with a vernier calliper - the dimensions you gave look very close to the Barton dimensions so their car might still work. Have you tried the catalogues for all the other usual suspects -
Allen Bros
RWO
Holt

The 25mm T track seems similar for all of them
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Mark Weeks
2016-12-17T15:45:28Z
DickG,
I did measure the dimensions with a vernier calliper, albeit a plastic one. My searches today have brought up the Schaefer company that still supply 1" width track with 1/8" T thickness. It may be one of their old models. I will contact them next week to seek their advice.
Martin Gray
2017-01-03T20:44:25Z
Hi Mark,
Have just read your note about genoa cars. I have a spare car of your design that you are welcome to have. My email is elmhouse@elmhouse9.plus .com if you are interested.
Regards
Martin Gray
Ariel 141