Stuart Tucker
2017-04-13T08:19:54Z
Dear All,

If any of you have picked up a poorly marked or illegal lobster pot line and had one wrap around your rudder, keel or propeller you will know, as I have, just how scary this can sometimes be. The Solent is sometimes festooned with them and it always seems that they are irresponsibly placed in the areas with the greatest amount of small boat traffic.

This is not just a hazard for sailing craft, but for small boat fishermen also. Poorly marked lobster pots are among the most unpredictable hazard facing coastal craft in the UK, causing damage to boats and also threatening the safety of the people aboard them.

The Cruising Association have started a campaign and are asking for support. They have launched a petition to secure a government consultation with all interested parties to consider how to improve the situation. If you feel agree with this, as I hope everyone in the PSSA will, please sign the petition at:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/193254 

and encourage others to do so also.

Attached is a Cruising Association Newsletter.  CA Lobster Pots Campaign.pdf (388kb) downloaded 45 time(s).

Regards

Stuart
GeoffTurner
2017-04-13T08:48:48Z
You beat me to it! Just about to post the same message!

I've signed.

Geoff