Gilliane Sills
2017-07-24T18:41:52Z
The cigar lighter socket to the side of the switch panel has stopped working and I've confirmed that no power is getting to the back of it. This could be explained by a blown fuse, since power is ok everywhere else. I've looked at the 275 manual to try to find the location of the fuses and it says that 'circuit breakers' are behind the switch panel. I've taken this panel off and found what looks to be a complicated circuit board, with no obvious fuses. I put everything back, deciding we'd need to consult an expert - but have I given up too easily? Can anyone give any advice about what I should be looking for and where to find it, please!

Best wishes

Gilliane

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member
2017-07-27T08:51:17Z
Hi Gillaine
I have rebuilt a circuit board for a 325 and quite honestly they are a bit primitive , just a PCB will extra solder on the tracks to help current capability and voltage drop resistors for the LED's . If as I suspect ,you have the same press buttons on the panel, these include a thermal cut out/breaker. After 20 years maybe they fail. Does the LED indicator come on ?
The good news is that the breakers are still available (e-bay)

Jan
325/32
Blue Moon
Mike Baldwin
2017-07-27T09:32:17Z
Hi Gillaine, I had the same problem with my Parker 285 some years ago. The fuse contacts had got corroded. I just cleaned them and it worked. My fuse was inline in a plastic connector that came apart. It was not an integral part of the circuit board. It is accessed from behind it and is located in the mass of wires behind the switch panel. You just have to locate the correct wire. Hope this is helpful.

Mike
Gilliane Sills
2017-08-28T14:54:47Z
Thanks to all those who responded for your help. Following the information provided, I found an inline fuse but that seemed ok - and the problem was eventually solved by a professional who looked at the freshwater pump that stopped working about two weeks after the 12V socket. The 12V socket itself was at fault. The problem with the feshwater pump was the circuit breaker on the panel, so we'll need to get this replaced. For the moment, the wiring bypasses the circuit breaker and there's an inline fuse protecting the circuit.

Thanks again.

Gilliane
Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41