Nigel Moon
2017-10-06T19:34:40Z
Robin’s post asking for information from owners who have fitted a marine toilet didn’t produce many replies. As I’m also thinking of fitting one - can any 235 owners who already have a marine toilet fitted give me any information on make and model? I know Parker’s fitted it as an option. Any info on ...where the inlet and outlets are fitted. ...how high is the outlet pipe looped etc. would be a good starting point. Nigel
Andy S
2017-10-07T09:23:44Z
DSC_0172.JPG

Click to View Image107 View(s)

DSC_0165.JPG

Click to View Image89 View(s)

DSC_0156.JPG

Click to View Image96 View(s)

DSC_0154.JPG

Click to View Image88 View(s)

Hi Nigel

I had a Compact Jabsco with a 35 liter holding tank fitted by an engineer last winter, it worked very well all season, hopefully the photos help if you have any questions feel free to get in touch

Kind regards

Andy
Windward

Nigel Moon
2017-10-07T21:09:24Z
Thanks Andy. Very useful as a starting point. Am I right in thinking you have an outlet diverter for direct discharge or holding tank? And is it the inlet that's forward next to the log impellor and outlet under the sink? Regards Nigel
Andy S
2017-10-08T09:32:37Z
Hi Nigel

The inlet is under the sink, aft (to the left in the picture). A new sea-cock was fitted in the undersink locker and the sink outlet pipe moved to the new sea-cock. The inlet for the toilet was then attached to the existing sea-cock (the only reason for swapping these around was to achieve a better lead for the new hoses).

When pumping out, all the exit water feeds through the holding tank. This can be keep in the tank by means of a shut off valve at the sea-cock, or can flow straight through the tank and out if appropriate.

The outlet is gravity fed, you can see on the picture the holding tank is slightly raised on wooden blocks to allow for enough of a drop. The outlet is fitted next to the log, the depth sounder had to be moved a few inches to allow room.

I have some additional pictures that may help, but am having difficulty attaching them here. My email address is in the members' handbook so please feel free to email me if you would me to send them to you.

Regards

Andy