vsb
  • vsb
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2018-11-20T10:42:11Z
Has anyone on the East Coast had a 31 lifted out yet that I could take some measurements from? My yard here in Mistley have been got at by their insurers and are requiring boats to be in proper steel cradles rather than propped on oil barrels etc. I have had a cradle made but need to cut a pair of wooden support beams for the hull to sit in rather like the cross members of the yard support frame for the 335 shown in the modifications and maintenance section of this website. I had previously made a similar frame for my 31 to sit in, but the new cradle is a bit longer and I didn't get the forward support quite right last time round anyway. Rather than guess or have to cut the shaped parts on lift out day, measuring a sister ship would be ideal. Obviously the 335 measurements won't be quite right.

Vernon
Pennyw
2018-11-23T14:39:16Z
Hi Vernon
we have a parker 31-- Pegasus, out of the water now at slaughden quay, Aldeburgh in Brian Upsons yard
you are welcome to measure her up and you will find Pegasus next to Sula( also a parker 31) outside the yard in yacht club car park . Best to make yourself known to yard and say Ive given you the ok
Penny Walker
vsb
  • vsb
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2018-11-26T15:02:08Z
Brilliant! If it ever stops raining this week or next weekend I'll pop down and measure up. I think Pegasus was previously owned by David Draper - I bought his seal 27 from him about 10 years ago which I think he had one or two boats before Pegasus Is the yard easy to access or locked? Ironically I was close yesterday as we parked near Aldeburgh golf club to walk to Snape and back along the sailor's path - highly recommended.
Pennyw
2018-11-27T10:12:04Z
hello Vernon
we did indeed buy our boat from David Draper 2 years ago or was it 3 ?
She was in very good condition and we have already had a lot of fun in her -- North Norfolk last year , maybe the Frisian Islands this year
You will be able to access her easily as she is in the yacht club car park on south side of boatyard shed . If you appear in boatyard hours it would be best to introduce yourself
regards Penny