Peter
2020-09-03T14:11:22Z
Hi,

May be the same sale or the eBay buyer reselling:-

https://m.apolloduck.com.../parker-boats-275/645102 

Peter
DTrawford
2020-09-03T17:52:05Z
I work in Spalding and there are no yacht masts around there! As this was a business in Kirton I would suspect that the moulds are at The Haven in Boston which is the non tidal side of the Witham river.
DTrawford
2020-09-03T18:01:03Z
If you are seriously interested in their whereabouts a patient of mine has a boatyard storage facility on the tidal side of the Witham. Maybe there are sailing boats there?
peter lowry
2020-09-04T19:31:35Z
Hi all.
Your Committe is aware of the sale of the moulds, and I have had a long conversetion with the current owner.
David Parkinson of Fosdyke Marine, Boston, bought the moulds from the reciever when Parker liftkeel yachts ceased trading.

He has the hull and deck moulds for both the 275(285) and 325 (335) along with a 20 metre container with all the interior moulds for both boats.
Over the years he has had no requests from customers to build either and therefore has decided to sell the moulds to clear space in the yard at Fosdyke. David would like to find either a boat builder or individual who would perhaps consider building one of our fine crafts in the future.

The PSSA committee have chatted about the possibility of owning the moulds but feel we are not in a position financially or have the means to store them.
http://www.fosdykeyachthaven.co.uk/ 

Cheers for now
Peter Lowry
Commodore

geoff.sheddick
2020-09-04T20:18:09Z
I am surprised that the committee spent any time at all on the concept of buying the moulds!
If Parkers could no longer attract new buyers, why on earth would the committee expect to do better? And just who would actually build any orders?
It has taken 12 years for the global marine market as a whole to return to the level that it enjoyed pre the 2008 economic crash.
The global market for new build sailing cruisers continues to shrink as a proportion of the total market
The median size of both power and sail cruisers has been continually increasing because the economics of production make smaller craft relatively far more expensive than larger.
The long term trend is to charter over ownership (although Cv19 and travel restrictions may cause this trend to pause).
Radical and unique as the Seal/Parker range was in its time, we are now in a totally different yacht design world.
Sadly, the Seal 22 is already dead - if you want one, £500 will buy you one.
The price premium that lift keel Seal/Parkers 26/27 and up commanded even post 2008 has rapidly declined, even faster than the market prices for more conventional and well known UK brand names.
I started monitoring asking prices on the PSSA website for the SS27 and up at that time, and they tell their own tale.
Let’s face it - we are heading for “classic GRP yacht” status.
That is not to say that there is no demand for existing craft, but it is clearly a declining one.
I look forward to the reactions to this post!

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'