johniow
  • johniow
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-07-04T18:06:03Z
I usually keep my copy of the handbook on the boat, but often when at home I need to look in the book for a phone number or an email address. The SCRA used to include a copy of their handbook in the subscription, but offer a (discounted) price for another copy.

I'm not asking for a discount, but if PSSA know how many handbooks are to be printed to post out each year, plus presumably some for new members joining part way that year, I wonder if it would be possible for me to ask for two copies to be mailed to me?

I don't want to add any more work to our volunteers though. I could add it to my subscription, or just before the handbook goes to the printers an email could ask who wants an extra copy, payment by BACS and a note made to slip an extra copy in the envelope.

I quite understand if this should be thought a non-starter.

Again, thanks to all our volunteers,

John
Nosey P325-26
Nosey - Parker 325-26
Ken Surplice
2021-07-04T21:37:43Z
John, what an interesting idea. I know from past experience that committee members used to get two members handbooks. Something to keep in mind when we approach the next AGM 😁. Yours playfully, Ken
Ken
philip linsell
2021-07-10T10:29:46Z
John, Ken
We did try this s few years ago, I don't know how many took it up, seems to have got lost anyway.
I use the next best, this year's on rascal and last year's beside me at home. Sailing/fishing was yesterday, when the sun shone.
Philip
johniow
  • johniow
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-07-11T14:45:50Z
Thanks for that Phillip, that's exactly what I do, but boats get bought and sold and it would be nice, if it were possible, to have the most uptodate information at my finger tips.
Fair tides and following winds, John
Nosey - Parker 325-26
Gilliane Sills
2021-07-12T21:19:36Z
Providing an option of buying a second Handbook near the start of the year should be straightforward. Payment to cover the extra cost would have to be made by transfer to the PSSA bank account some time between January and the end of February. We'll discuss the logistics at a future PSSA committee and let you know what's proposed.

Gilliane
Membership and Handbook secretary
Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
Martin Watson
2021-07-13T21:09:19Z
I too would be interested in purchasing a second handbook each year as well....😊
Martin Watson