PaulBurton
2007-08-11T16:13:10Z
Still having problems with the water storage. I have the 2 forward containers.

If I fill them and put the hoses in them and go sailing, they empty themselves into the log/depth transducer hole and heads floor.

After speaking to Bill I put a much higher loop above the containers with no effect.

So we now take the hoses out and put the lids on. Which would be okay but as you take the hoses out water pours out of the pipe. Also if you want a cup of tea you need to go forward and replace the hoses. Then you must not forget to remove hoses (water comes out of the hose) and put the lid back on.

I can't see that the loops do anything. Syphoning will go up.

Have thought about a pin hole in the pipe at the top of the loop. This should stop the pipe staying full and syphoning.

I can't decide if the water syphons through the tap or just leaks out of the containers when heeled.

Have also thought about drilling holes in the lids to put the pipes through...!!!

I think the main problem is that the water is stored higher than the taps....

Anyone else got this problem ????

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
2007-08-12T16:59:05Z
Hi Paul,

I wouldn't put a pin hole in the pipe, I think it will prevent you pumping any water to the taps at all as you'd not be able to create a vacuum.

I have put a green plastic screw top from a milk container on each water pipe, having drilled a hole in it to ensure a tight fit. This means that no water can spill from the containers when heeled over but you still have the original tops intact for proper sealing.

The thread size on the water containers is standard, a top from a 1 litre 2 stroke oil container will fit, just find a couple and drill them out! They stay on the pipes when you remove them from the containers, and I have a bucket and sponge in the front anyway to put the pipe ends in to catch any drips.

Hope this helps!

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
PaulBurton
2007-08-28T09:43:02Z
After looking over the other 235's at bucklers hard last week. I noticed that "yes me lady" has a deck filler for water near the front hatch. Looks like they maybe storeing water under the galley area....!!!
This is lower than the taps so may solve my problem....

Anyone done similar....????

Paul Burton.

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
david boyle
2007-08-29T22:04:43Z
Hi Paul,As far as i know there are 3 going from whitwell.

Be Be 235/49
Be Be 235/49
2007-08-30T11:06:21Z
Paul - or the deck fitting you saw may be a rinse out access for the toilet holding tank - mine is!

Don't go drinking that, now....!

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
Graham Ebb
2007-08-30T12:07:42Z
Some boats had a flexible water tank fitted in the forward port salon locker with a deck filling point. This was an extra at the time of building. You could fit one, but be aware that these also have their draw backs. We had one on our previous boat, a Jeanneau, and found that we had to completely strip it out, sterilise it and store it dry for the winter, otherwise it tasted horrible. We even bought a complete new tank, but it soon went the same way. We never felt comfortable drinking the water. When we ordered our Parker we decided to use bottled water and not bother with all the hassle.

Graham Ebb
235/25 Blue Jazz
PaulBurton
2007-08-30T17:11:39Z
Stephen.... It was not the holding tank...I have one of those and the pump out is on the port side deck. The one I saw was on the starboard rear corner of the front hatch. It also said "water" on it.

I had a flexible tank on my Anderson 22 and didn't have any problems with it. But we only had the flexible tank for 1 year before we sold it.

Paul Burton.

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362