Helmsman
2024-07-12T10:31:57Z
Hello, I am a new member on this forum and would like to introduce myself and ask some questions.

My name is Jos, I am Dutch and at the moment trying to sell my Wrighton Biloup 77 My wife and me would like to buy a faster and bigger

boat and the Parker 31 and 325/335 have caught our intention.

With the changed rules since Brexit it's not a logical choice to buy a used boat in the UK , but there are very few Parkers sailing in the rest of Europe, so I want to give a try anyway.

My knowledge of boats, their engines and lifting keels is very modest, so if things would get serious a would need someone who could help me with a survey . Can anyone recommend a reliable surveyer in the neighbourhood of Poole who could do that?

Or are there maybe members on this forum who would be able and willing to perform the task?

Of course I'm happy to pay for the time and effort.

From your long time member Willy Durinx I already got some real good info about specifics to pay extra attention to; if anybody has suggestions on that part, I am anxious to learn!

Thank you in advance and hope to get a chance to learn more about the PSSA and it's members!

Regards,

Jos

MartinH
2024-07-13T18:22:42Z
Hi Jos

I am not near Chichester, but not far from Harwich.

We have a 335 which I saw under construction and have owned for 15years. I also have some experience of the Parker 31.

I am not able to help with a formal survey but would be happy to show you over our boat (no fee!) and talk about the things that you might look for if buying a Parker.

Top of the list of things that I know should be checked are the mountings of the chainplates and on the 325/335 the state of the keel ram.

Martin

335/50 Tringa

Helmsman
2024-07-16T14:56:21Z
Thank you very much Martin!

That is a very kind offer.

But it's not Cichester, but Poole where I want to look at a boat.

That is certainly not near Harwich...

I would at least insist on paying for your expences.

barry.tiernan
2024-07-16T18:18:32Z
Hi Jos

I live in Poole and own. 325 ( Sulito)

Currently I am away until 2nd week in August(France) but would be happy to talk to you when I am back

The person who did my survey is retired but there are a lot of surveyors around

Happy to help when I return

Regards

Barry Tiernan