adrian
2008-02-14T13:33:08Z
We are the new owners of Parker 235 No 12(not sure of the name yet as she has had 2 previously, Sunflower & Ocean Harmony,so if there is bad luck to be had changing her name, hopefully we wont get it!) Previously sailed a Jag 21 for 3 years which was great but size "does" matter and a little more room down below is going to be great. We are members of the Ashlett sailing club so sail mainly around the solent and hope to join some of the rally's.

Happy Sailing

Adrian & Pam

david boyle
2008-02-14T19:52:53Z
Welcome aboard,Im sure you won't be disappointed with your choice of

boat.Happy sailing.

Be Be 235/49

Be Be 235/49
PaulBurton
2008-02-15T07:51:20Z
Greeting......

Enjoy....

Any questions just ask....!!!

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362

David Pocock
2008-02-15T09:38:48Z
Also welcome. And I echo Paul's point about feeling free to ask questions.

David Pocock

Parker 235/52 Arawa

David Pocock

Parker 235/52 Arawa

2008-02-15T10:32:19Z
Hi Adrian - welcome aboard, and enjoy this Forum!

Stephen Godber

235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber

235/51 "Exodus"

peter lowry
2008-02-15T11:29:01Z
Hi Adrian

again welcome

Sunflower (your 235 was its original name owner by Mike and Jenny mead now own a 285 of same name (hence name change based in Hythe)

As you are based in Ashlett you are well positioned for lots of Solent based rallies

please do attend some and meet like minded Parker and Seal owners

see the newsletter for the up and coming rallies

see you afloat

Peter Lowry/ Solent area officer.

"Cleo" Superseal 26(based on the Hamble river.)

adrian
2008-02-15T18:37:13Z
Thank you all for the welcome greetings,I am sure that we shall have lots of questions,can't wait to shake out the sails,we will hopefully get to join in on some of the rallies around the solent this season. It was a Parker rally to our club at Ashlett that got us interested in a 235 as one of you guys kindly invited us aboard to have a look around and as soon as Pam saw the amount of space below nothing else would do. We then met Bill Parker at the Rutland Water and had a test sail, "well and truly hooked".

Ade & Pam

2008-02-16T14:41:21Z
Hi Ade and Pam

I hadn't realised you had bought "Sunflower" as was.

I looked at her in September 2006 at Hythe before visiting Southampton Boat Show.

We subsequently ordered a new 235 but I've occassionally wondered whether we should have bought "Sunflower". She was well equiped and well cared for and even had lightning conductors as I recall!

I'm sure you'll find you have a good example!

[img]UserPostedImage[/img]

Stephen Godber

235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber

235/51 "Exodus"

Graham Ebb
2008-02-21T16:44:29Z
Hi Ade & Pam

Welcome to the PSSA. As you have seen, we have a lot of very happy sailors who are more than willing to answer any questions that you might have.

With regards to rallies, I am in the process of organising some trailer / sailer events to link up with some of the solent area events during august, so watch this space and check out this months news letter for lots of options.

Happy sailing,

Graham Ebb

Blue Jazz 235 / 25

Trailer / Sailer Rep.

James Hamilton
2008-02-23T12:57:09Z
quote:
Originally posted by adrian

Previously sailed a Jag 21 for 3 years which was great but size "does" matter and a little more room down below is going to be great...

Welcome to the Parker Club, hope you make one of the rallies. I also had a Jag 21 , like you say great fun but the women guests did not like the open Loo and a bit tender. We got a Parker for being better able to stand up to a stronger wind, as well as the loo and the space. We often spend Friday night on the Quay at Ashlett so will look out for 'Sunflower' on the next visit.

Jim and Margaret "Sandy Lady", Bucklers Hard

http://freespace.virgin....james.hamilton/forum.jpg 

adrian
2008-02-28T13:42:16Z
Thanks for all your response,great pic Stephen we've now got it as our screensaver.

If you're sailing in the Solent and see another Parker with 2 people on board waving madly at you,don't panic its only us saying Hi!!!

We have decided to call her "Vienna" we were going to call our daughter this 24 years ago but decided at the time it was a bit too different.

By the way we need new dodgers anyone know the dimensions?

Ade & Pam

Jenny Mead
2008-03-10T13:00:43Z
Hi Adrian,

This is Jenny Sunflower (Mead) calling. We are thrilled that our first Sunflower only lives up the water. We've been to Ashlett many times including in our Wayfarer. Michael (my hubby)will happily help you with anything you need to know and will even lend a hand. You can see Michael in the photo (in the cockpit) and my bottom and green top standing on the pontoon!

We are still based at Hythe. Our Sunflower is coming out of the water on March 26th. We hope to have her afloat soon afterwards in time for the rally season. We try to attend as many rallies as we can.Everyone is so friendly and we have such fun. There are also excellent non-sailing rallies during the winter too.

We need to exchange phone numbers and then arrange a get together.

We looked after Vienna really well when she was ours. We decided to get a new boat as our children and friends re-newed their interest in sailing with us. 6+ people was a tad squashy a times!

Happy Sailing and yes there is a lightning conductor on Vienna.

Jenny

Paul Bowman
2008-03-21T14:35:41Z
Hello Adrian

I own 235/17 Kinkajou, that is based at Bucklers Hard along with four others. I'm sure we'll meet up, either in the Solent or at a rally. I measured up for dodgers just a couple of weeks ago. If you down load the Kemp template, the dimensions in cms were:

AD 48 AB 200

EC 48 DC 178

BC 52 DB 203

I haven't ordered them yet, but their quote was £120.64 (£102 with a Boat Show 15% discount) plus £3.55 (£3.02) per letter. Trust my boat to have a long name! I'm collecting my new packaway for the main from them this weekend.

Anyway, I hope this helps and see you about.

Paul

Hunter Pilot 27, GiGi

(ex 235 owner)

adrian
2008-03-22T09:19:32Z
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info,I am sure we'll see you around the solent sometime. We were supposed to be away on a rally this weekend but too cold. Planning for next weekend now instead.

Pam.