Herman Speckmann
2008-04-13T12:52:49Z
I need to replace the deck collar of my keel stepped mast but till sofar I could not find a proper one.

Who can help me out?

regards, Herman Speckmann

Delizia, Parker 31, nr 30

GeoffTurner
2008-04-14T12:41:29Z
What make of mast is it? If it's a ZSpar (like my Parker), try to identify exactly which section and then contact them - they'll be helpful. Their website http://www.zsparsuk.com/zero1.html  has some collars - part no's 1490 and 4566.

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn

Geoff Harwood
2008-04-14T14:53:45Z
I'm wondering a bit about your Parker 31! It seems unlikely that a Parker 31 would have a keel-stepped mast since the lifting keel box is such an integral part of the hull structure and is right under the mast support normally fitted on deck.

Also your previous post about the prop shaft suggests Volvo gear whereas all the Parker 31s we have met have a conventional Yanmar 2GM 20 setup.

Is yours a very unusual example or have you got something completely different?

Herman Speckmann
2008-04-15T09:28:41Z
hi Geoff Turner.

thank you for your reply. I have a Z-spars mast Z380 7/8 and already contacted z-spars holland but did not receive any reaction till sofar.

Now I will try your suggestion.

and Geoff Harwood: maybe I didn't express my self clear enough, with keel stepped mast I meant the mast is running through the cabinroof and standing in a support on the bottom of toilet area. By the way I know a Parker 31 in Holland, where the mast was cut of at cabinroof level and supported there, this to avoid leakage of water and to make lowering if the mast easier.

About the prop shaft, I have a Yanmar 2GM20 engine as well, but the set up was very noisy altough the engine was aligned very carefully.

Last winter I installed a constant velocity (Python) drive, I replaced the Volvo shaft seal by a deepsea seal and a kiwi propellor is underway. Within 2 weeks I will launch my boat and I can make a testrun with this set up.

kind regards,

Herman Speckmann