kentimms
2008-07-24T20:42:59Z
My Mk. 3 Seal 22 is unusual in that it has the outboard engine mounted on a stern bracket rather than in a well. However, there is a well section in the lazarette and I'm wondering how much work I would have to do to install the engine here. Obviously I'm reluctant to start making holes in the boat.
SO........ I'd be grateful if anybody with a Mk. 3 would send me a pic of their set up.
I've been in touch with Blaxton Boats who can supply mouldings for the well, but I'd like to see what the finished article looks like first.
Cheers,
Ken
Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2008-08-07T13:12:53Z
Ken,

Have a look at my request for information about installing a outboard in the rear locker you will find some helpful contacts and a couple of drawings.I think it's about five before your request for help.

If you actual do the job let me know I would like to have a look.
if possible or if you are going ahead we may be able to reduce the cost to both of us. As I'm still thinking of doing the conversion of it.

Another option MAY be to fit an internal Engine as I believe this can be done. could be interesting to look at the cost's of both.

My email is rayhowkinsATmeachers.com (work)

Ray
kentimms
2008-10-16T18:22:06Z
Blaxton Boats don't reply to e-mails or phone messages so I'm going to attempt the job myself. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2008-10-18T21:54:44Z
quote:
Originally posted by kentimms

Blaxton Boats don't reply to e-mails or phone messages so I'm going to attempt the job myself. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I tried to find out information from them some time ago with the same result as you.

Were are you based ?

Ray
kentimms
2008-10-19T20:04:05Z
Boston, Lincolnshire