kentimms
2009-01-13T19:41:09Z
I'd like to dry out in the creeks this summer for which I need beaching legs. I've seen the diagram in the handbook which appears to show half a tree bolted to either side of the hull! No mention of how they are fitted.
I have a blanked-off socket on each side of the hull, just for'ard of the winches, which I assume must be part of the fitting but I'm otherwise in the dark.
Can anybody explain how the legs are fitted, OR, has anybody come up with a better (and lighter) plan?
Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2009-01-15T09:07:32Z
Ken, If you are local to Portsmouth and if it helps I have a set I use. But you can have a look at them and I will show you how they fit on to the hull.

I would think the hole your looking at are the correct one's.

I may have some photo's of my boat with them fitted if you think it would help.

Regards

Ray
kentimms
2009-01-17T19:40:50Z
Thanks Ray, unfortunately I'm about 200 miles north of Portsmouth, but I would appreciate some photo's if you have them.

Ken
GeoffTurner
2009-01-21T08:50:48Z
Photos showing Sealia's legs
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Also, I know Royce of Shiraz uses legs.

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn
kentimms
2009-01-21T20:05:13Z
Thanks for the pics, they make things easier to follow.
I was concerned that having two open bolt holes in the side of the hull was a recipe for disaster. However, Ray Howkins (Sealia) assures me that you have to stand the boat on it's ear to take on any water. He also suggests a couple of rubber "O" rings on the legs to keep out any seepage when the legs are attached.
So problem of holes is not such a problem except when it rains.
With this in mind I shall purchase a couple of rubber bungs and a more efficient bilge pump!