frank_marsden
2004-11-17T15:51:00Z
I have just bought a Baker built Superseal.

This has a starboard cockpit locker to take an outboard fuel tank, and a space behind the port locker large enough to house a gas bottle.

Are there any recognised/availble mouldings to use this space for gas bottle storage?

Frank Marsden

DGleeson
Hi,

I'm atttempting to build a gas locker at the moment. I'll let you know if it is a success and will send pictures.

Regards,

Donal Gleeson.

Donal Gleeson

frank_marsden
Donal,

Thank you.

I made a gas locker in the Hustler 25.5 I had.

Unfortunately, the space in that boat aft of the cockpit lockers was restricted. The only solution was to use a round hatch, with a cylindrical grp moulding beneath. The size of the camping gaz cylinder was about 3mm dia larger then the only hatch that would fit, so I could not use the hatch outer, and had to mould a grp ring. This meant that the "o" ring would not fit, and there was a lot of grp filling and finishing to do.

I do not want to repeat that excercise.

I do not own that boat anymore and have no photogtaphs of the installation.

Boat is in Cork, owner Peter Webster, on ptbw AT gofree.indigo.ie.

I am sure that he would send you pictures if it would help you.

I note that the boat tested, "Elsa" in Sept 2000 "Sailing Today" appears to have a gas locker behind the port cockpit locker.

Can send you scan if you would like email fdmarsden AT aol.com

Frank Marsden

Frank Marsden

2005-09-02T18:58:00Z
Frank,

I have hull number 82(fixed keel)this yacht came new with a gas bottle locker behind the port locker.Access from the top, self draining. If your still looking to make one up i can send you photos and the dimensions.

I now use this as a self draining ice box on short sails and a rope locker on longer ones. For the last 4 years i have used a camping gas stove, (flat type) screwed down and had no problem in any conditions.

Paul Filby