Paul Morris
2004-11-17T15:43:00Z
Does any body know where the centre of gravity is on a seal 26. I'd imagine it is half way in between where the cradle should lie.

The information would be helpfull as I need to build a trailer for mine (No. 4 Black Jack). Or does any body have any designs or pictures of a trailer that would help me.

Another query I have is the weight, which according to the handbook is 2273kg. On bringing mine home earlier this year, I grossed and tared on a weigh bridge and ended up with a boat weight of 2980kg, which is a considerable difference. The boat is equiped with a petter engine, it also had all the sails and an avon redstar inside and to anchors. I wondered whether any body else had ever weighed there boat and it heavier than it should be.

Cheers Paul Morris.

Paul Morris

2004-11-17T15:44:00Z
Paul,

When I bought my 26 two years ago with all the bumf handed over there was a set of plans for a trailer. I had it built and it works!! I have only used it to move the boat to winter storeage, 30 miles or so, and to be honest the 26 is a big heavy boat to tow and the mast is a brute. I would not consider it a trailer sailer, however I would be delighted to give you the plans if you would like them or else arrange for you to see the trailer for ideas. It is currently in Bournemouth with a 22 on top. (I have left SEALFREE in the water this winter).

Ring me on 01722 504995

regards

Dave Kenyon

Dave kenyon

Don Philip
2005-04-08T03:58:00Z
Dear Paul

I was wondering if you had been successful in your search for the position of the centre of gravity on a Seal 26. We have a trailer that needs altering to suit our fixed keel 26 so it would save me a great deal of trouble. One skyward pointing episode has provided sufficient entertainment for me.

Did you have any luck with the plans that Dave Kenyon offered to you?

Regards

Don Philip

Don Philip

Don Philip
2005-04-14T13:04:00Z
Dear Dave Kenyon

Would it be possible to let me have a copy of the plans for a trailer for aSuper Seal 26. I am having some trouble getting our fin keel Super Seal to sit on the launching trolley that I had made?

I could pay costs and postage etc

Thank you

Don Philip

Don Philip