Phil L
2004-11-17T16:43:00Z
I am trying to match up the existing tracks used on the last of the 26s because mine are a foot short of where they should reach and result in a rather tight leech,even with tack right down as low as poss'.
I could replace the whole lengths, but that would entail a fair bit of dismantling of galley to access screws, with a mismatch on hole pitch likely leading to many more screw holes. I'd rather add an extra foot aft if I can match up - and spend more time sailing!!

The track were made by "Main" with fastenings every 50mm/2". I believe they have ceased trading. Barton uses 75mm spacing so is possibly less secure and would look odd.

Perhaps someone has upgraded and has some spare track or knows of another solution?

Suggestions would be most welcome to avoid my clumsy temporary barber hauling in pursuit of sail trim excellence.

By the way, do all Superseals with inboards pull hard to Starboard under power and under way?

Phil.
Phil Longhurst
frank_marsden
2004-11-17T16:44:00Z
I have a Superseal with an inboard, Nanni 14hp saildrive, 13x8 two blade folding, right hand.

This pulls to port, but has little prop walk.

Frank Marsden
Frank Marsden