ChrisC
  • ChrisC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2009-03-09T10:49:20Z
Tarakihi has a 25W solar panel affixed to the sliding companionway hatch cover. I think the panel was not fitted by Parker. Whilst this arrangement may be OK in that the panel is always exposed to the sun, the output lead is fed into the cabin via a cut-out in the top of the washboard and is then led to the regulator; the lead being "Velcroed" to the inner surfaces. This arrangement is far from satisfactory, particularly as the lead is easy to foul and generally gets in the way. We are considering possibly moving the panel or trying to provide an alternative way of getting the output lead fed into the cabin.

Could anyone tell me, please, how/where Parker fitted solar panels or other self fitted panels are actually located and the arrangements for getting the output lead into the cabin.

Thanks

Chris Cobb

235/48 "Tarakihi"
David Pocock
2009-03-09T11:46:14Z
Hello Chris

My 36w solar panel (fitted by Parker) is fitted just forward of the hatch (and is partially covered by it when open). The output lead is fed from just behind the mast down into the cabin roof and, presumably because I cannot see it, under the headlining next to the heads bulkhead and down into the forward seat locker. Then back to the rear seat locker where the regulator and battery are located.

David Pocock
Parker 235/52 Arawa
David Pocock
Parker 235/52 Arawa