itsmepht
2022-09-05T18:54:21Z
Hi,

I have acquired Seal 22 'Chimer', sail no 9. She is in a fairly neglected state.

I would appreciate some advice, especially if anyone is in my general area. (Monmouthshire)

As I understand it, the Mk 1 had a completely open cabin, with no main hatch as such. This one has had a very crude sliding hatch fitted, which is past its best, and in due course I will need to replace it.

I note that there were grp moulds, and that these have vanished. I am wondering if originally there was a canvas enclosure, joined to the spray hood, or how any sort of security and protection was gained? Or if anyone has a neat alternative solution I could please have a look at and learn from?

Also the perspex fore hatch lid is a good tailored fit, but seems to never have had any way of holding it down; the original toggle bolts are there, but there's nothing on the perspex. I need a replacement.

Also: How does the cockpit drain work? There seems to be a stop cock, and its now all unblocked, but the pipe is full and its outlet is below the water line. Maybe there was some sort of a non return valve?

Thanks!

PT

Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2022-10-11T18:25:12Z
Hello PT,

I'm not sure if your the guy that came down and looked at Sealia the other week or not.

But I have Sealia for sail at present she has not sold, although I have people coming to look at her on this weekend.

She has a full extended copit with wash boards, and with a hasp and clasp is totally lockable.

If your interested let me know.

As I am thinking of breaking her in the next couple of weeks

Ray

2022-10-18T06:46:05Z
Hi Ray

I would be interested in parts if you start to break your boat.

I have recently purchased a Seal22 sale 5 and refurbishing her.

looking for a spray hood or the elusive moulds.

please keep me informed if you do decide to break Sealia

regards

Simon New member

Stuff
2024-02-15T12:20:24Z
Hi PT

My boat is currently still parked up for the winter just the wrong side of Ross on Wye from you. More than happy to come see her if you'd like.

Regards