Amy_ladytiki
2021-02-01T11:21:24Z
Hello All,

there was an article on here a couple of years ago and it contained info/photos of a mod to the drains at the stern of a 325/335 cockpit replacing the fabric flaps with stainless plate that allows the water to drain out. I was just wondering if the the photos/info on the mod were still available as i can no longer find the article. i think it was on the 325/335 modifications part of articles.

thanks

amy
barry.tiernan
2021-02-02T12:36:55Z
Hi Amy

I think you are referring to my boat "Sulito" It was originally "Calypso" and had the modification done then. Its no longer on the web site.

I will take a picture next time I am down at the boat (within the next week)
I also modified this by using rubber flaps and this is a weak sopt on the boat. It you are hit with a stern wave it will flood the small shallow sump and eventually flood into the sump below the shaft. I even had water coming in here while tied up in Emsworth as the wave from ribs going by sent waves up the stern of the boat. This probably will remain a weakness. But the stainless steel piece now over the gap stops the water that runs out of the cockpit running in there

Calypso also modified the two rail wires on the stern rails with removable solid SS bars which are excellant. It was all in the one article, I think under modifications, perhaps the moderator might replace it as it has very good photos.

Hope this helps

Regards

Barry Tiernan "Sulito"
Amy_ladytiki
2021-02-03T11:26:27Z
hello barry

Thank you for the reply. That sounds great thank you very much i look forward to seeing the photos again so i can get some knocked up for lady tiki. also thanks for the other info i will keep this in mind.

kind regards

amy
barry.tiernan
2021-02-03T14:13:44Z
Hi Amy

Enclosed the photos. Hope they are OK

Barry
IMG_3205.JPG

Click to View Image46 View(s)

IMG_3206.JPG

Click to View Image48 View(s)

IMG_3207.MOV (5,095kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
GeoffTurner
2021-02-06T09:15:17Z
Apologies that the P325 Modifications page had disappeared - it's now back on the website here 
Amy_ladytiki
2021-02-08T09:02:50Z
hello Barry thank you very much for providing the photos and to geoff for putting the article back on the website.

we are not allowed down to our boat at present; if possible please could you supply some dimensions so i can get a couple knocked up at work?

thanks

amy
barry.tiernan
2021-02-08T19:05:58Z
Hi Amy

Enclosed drawing of the fittings. You probably need to measure the opening on your boat as they may not all be the same
The lenght on mine was 21 cms, better to be longer than shorter

I also fitted a thin neophrene rectangle piece underneath with a slit in centre for the pushrod

Hope this helps

Regards

Barry
Dimentions stern gap.JPG

Click to View Image38 View(s)

Dimentions stern gap.JPG

Click to View Image39 View(s)

Amy_ladytiki
2021-02-09T07:36:59Z
hello barry

im sorry to be a pain the photos arnt that clear on my computer, would you be able to email me them? amyfarish160892@gmail.com

thanks

amy
johniow
2021-07-01T12:57:20Z
Hello Barry,
I'm leaning towards a solution like this, including the neoprene seals. I was thinking about using the screws for the defunct canvas strip for the upper deflector. For the lower deflector, did you just use self-tapping screws, or did you go for nuts and bolts?
This feature was identified by my surveyor as a "weak spot" when I bought Nosey. What would happen, and I quote "if you dried out on an incline stern-down and the boat flooded through the transom before she lifted?" To which I suppose the answer is - Don't dry out on an incline stern-down.

Thanks again, John

Originally Posted by: barry.tiernan 

Hi Amy

I also modified this by using rubber flaps and this is a weak sopt on the boat. It you are hit with a stern wave it will flood the small shallow sump and eventually flood into the sump below the shaft. I even had water coming in here while tied up in Emsworth as the wave from ribs going by sent waves up the stern of the boat. This probably will remain a weakness. But the stainless steel piece now over the gap stops the water that runs out of the cockpit running in there

Regards

Barry Tiernan "Sulito"

Nosey - Parker 325-26
barry.tiernan
2021-07-03T17:05:48Z
Hi John

All the screws are self tappers, but if you can bolt the top plate all the better.

I agree it is a weak spot on the boat, but I dont think any have sunk yet (fingers crossed)

See you at a rally this year or up in Wotton Creek

Regards

Barry
johniow
2021-07-03T19:36:06Z
Thanks Barry - I'll talk to my local stainless steel fabricator. See you this summer I hope. John
Nosey - Parker 325-26